Legendary poker player Daniel Negreanu wants to share his thoughts with his fans on social media. His Twitter page has become a veritable platform for all kinds of poker news to be discussed in the comments below his posts.
While Negreanu can currently be considered a true veteran of modern poker, the player himself is quite progressive in his thinking. the future of the industry. The ambassador of GGPoker, the world’s largest poker network, regularly proposes changes and innovations in his poker room and popular tournament festivals.
Recently, the poker player proposed yet another change, this time involving the selection criteria for the Poker Hall of Fame. That happened shortly after this year’s ten nominees were announced.
2023 Poker Hall of Fame Nominees
After regular users cast their votes on the nominees, the selection of the finalists begins. The final ten are traditionally selected by current members of the Poker Hall of Fame. The current nominees have now been confirmed:
- Josh Aryeh – has won 5 World Series of Poker bracelets and is the 2021 WSOP Player of the Year.
- Jeremy Osmus – Six – Interim Player Gold Bracelet Winner.
- Ted Forrest is a veteran cash game player and owner of six WSOP trophies.
- Kathy Liebert – One of the greatest female poker players of all time, a WSOP -bracelet winner and a pioneer in women’s poker.
- Mike Matusow – Owns four gold bracelets. He was also one of the best players in the world in the 2000s.
- Lon McEachern and Norman Chad have been WSOP announcers since 2003.
- Brian Rast is a five-time bracelet champion, high stakes cash game player.
- Matt Savage – Played a key role in the development and popularity of tournament poker.
- Isai Scheinberg – Founder of PokerStars and a major contributor to the development of online poker.
- Bill Smith – Legendary player and 1985 WSOP ME Champion.
Now, the current members of the Poker Hall of Fame are selecting a winner to join their ranks. The annual list of legends of world poker. After the top 10 was selected, Negreanu shared his suggestions for changes to the selection process on his blog.
By the way!
Negreanu has made multiple final tables at the 2023 WSOP but has never made the final table. Still, he’s lost $400,000 so far.
Twice a year, once every three years
In a vlog, Daniel Negreanu stated that he would like to change the process for selecting a year. Hall of Famer. First, poker players suggest increasing the number of people joining this prestigious society:
“I would like to set up the Hall of Fame so that every year two players – players, not members – come in. Every year there will be admissions Two players. Every three years we’ll add a guy, a third guy who makes a huge contribution to the game. That’ll be someone like Scheinberg and Sevidge.That way we don’t have to keep comparing apples and Orange,” Negreanu explained.
Daniel also noted that it was important for him to compare the best high-stakes players to the industry players who helped grow poker. Negreanu complained that finalists are often selected based on their popularity rather than skill or credibility. In his view, there are a lot of players who should have been inducted into the Hall of Fame but didn’t because the people making the nominations had no idea who they were.